In this world today you have people in the industry that are working behind the scenes making celebrities we love fabulous, I would like to introduce celebrity Choregrapher, fashion editor Jeremy Copeland. It was a pleasure interviewing him.
1. As a choreographer where do you get your inspiration from or new dances etc..
Thank you so much for having me. Love the site! As far as booking dancers I just look for people who inspire me! Dancers who really want and deserve that particular opportunity. I am a dancer as well so I keep that into count! I pull inspiration from life, that feeling at the moment, the artist I’m working with, anything !! There are even times where I’m not inspired and I pull from that as well.
2 How does fashion inspire you and are you a model as well?
Fashion is a huge part of my life! It’s a lifestyle for me, I am a fashion Kidd at heart and love setting trends/fads and standards in fashion. Missy Elliott was the first major influential person to recognize my style and she talked to me for a long time on how to just keep it and never change. She says I’m ahead of my time like she was! I went to college for fashion design And merchandising in Atlanta, I have written for fashion publications, covered fashions on major red carpets and etc. I love Black, it’s so powerful And bold and says a lot!! I love the shift and risks that fashion has been taking lately and don’t like a few things as well! Fashion is a way for me to express myself when I am not performing . You can always find me in a harem pant, boots ( A MUST ) , dope shades ( 90% of the time it’s by Stevie Boi ) and a crazy short if I have one on lol! I am a model I am signed to Lava Model Management NYC , excited about the new projects I have coming up with them.
3. I hear you grew up in the ATL tell me more how did you make it to you where you are now
Yea I was born in Brooklyn NYC. But really raised in Atlanta. Growing up in ATL was fun and spontaneous , I always knew I was going to have a ” name ” and do great things and I will not stop until that happens! I work hard, I’m a go-getter and determined to be amazing.
4. Who’s your favorite designer & how would you describe your style?
Fave designer has to be hands down the late and legendary Alexander McQueen . His work stands out alone like no other!!! It’s undeniable and timeless, I have a few of his pieces and I feel royal when I have it on. My personal style is fun, stands – out, fashion forward , comfortable and risky!
5. What’s next for you for year 2013 you have worked with so many great people and the world would like to know what projects you are working on?
6. If you could give advice to people who would like to be in your field what would it be?
Right now I am currently touring on the 2013 Harlem GlobeTrotters World Tour, this is my second year with the trotters, such and amazing organization to be apart of!!! I just joined forces with EDGE Magazine LLC to be their new entertainment writer which I am excited about, working in another huge tour I cannot talk about yet in 2013, my clients RNB Group “Blackstreet” will be performing at Wembley Arena in London UK in march which is amazing Working on a apparel line, thinking opening a boutique in Beverly Hills as well !!! And a lot more!!!! God is so good and he has blessed me enough so everything else is icing on the cake.
6. BE SMART !!! Educate yourself, remember this business is all politics and about image and branding and having a name! Unfortunately it’s not about the art, don’t loose yourself or the art but remember its way more deeper than that. Stand strong, don’t