I had the chance to interview the style accessories editor of Elle magazine. He is amazing, he attends all the fashion shows and his story is like no other. I love to hear peoples stories about how they made it into the fashion industry because it shows that dreams do come true. Below are some of the accessories you see in Elle magzine Kyle is behind it all. This brilliant man attends all the top shows.
1.How did your career start off in fashion?
Kyle: I always dreamed of working for a magazine and after college I moved to NY to do several internships. I interned at Cosmo girl, Marie claire, esquire, vogue and Elle. Then I started doing freelance assistant work at Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan and finally at ELLE. Elle was my dream job and I was so lucky my dream came true!
2. What’s are some things you look at when looking at accessories at a fashion show
Kyle: im looking for something new. something exciting. something that I would want to show readers or tell my friends about that was exciting that they should go out and buy! I want to find things for girls to look at in the magazine that they have never seen before. Something that makes them want to rip the page out and carry it around and dream about looking like or buying something.
3. If you could give people in advice about breaking into the fashion industry what would it be? Kyle: You must be persistent. Its not easy and it doesn’t happen quickly usually. If its your dream, get an internship or two and see if you like it. If u do, never give up. Like they say, you can do anything u want if u never give up.
4. Who is your favorite designers? For ready-to-wear I love balmain or Givenchy.
Kyle: for watches I love Rolex or piaget
Fine jewelry Cartier or Degrisogono
for costume jewelry alexis bittar or pamela love
shoes Giuseppe zanotti and gianvito rossi
sneakers kswiss, adidas
Bags, classics like hermes birkin or kelly or chanel quilted in black leather
Usually everyday I wear almost all Balmain homme and a silver and black face rolex watch.
5. Have Elle magazine been your favorite magazine since you were younger?
Kyle: yes absolutely. My friends and I used to rip out the pages of elle and put them on our wall in high school. Those days it was all about bohemian and elle was ‘the look’. My friends definitely tried to and still try to emulate the “Elle look”
6. what are your thoughts about how mens clothing repeating it self just with different patterns and colors?
Kyle: for me most men’s clothing is too boring. There is never anything new to buy that I see really. I usually only wear balmain. I like rock n roll and I like military. I like sexy clothes. But at the same time I think for guys, wearing clothes like an American apparel V-neck or old dirty jeans looks better than anything. But shoppingwise, I don’t see much out there that is exciting for me.
7. How do you feel about fashion shows like project runway and America’s next top model?
I think anything that glamorizes the fashion industry and sparks interest in young people is great.
fashion is fun and fashion is a creative outlet to express yourself. Whenever its positive, im all for it.